Welcome to Lake Havasu, where the sun always shines, the water beckons, and adventure awaits year-round!
Nestled in the southwestern beauty of Arizona, Lake Havasu is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, boasting a stunning desert landscape and crystal-clear waters. If you are a traveler and adventure seeker this is a spot for you. In this post, I’ll uncover all the secrets of camping and RVing in this amazing area.
Don’t be shy, click links to find RV parks, campgrounds, and resorts/hotels that offer great accommodations year round. Questions are always welcome so please comment with any you might have, or a suggestion for us.
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links that generate a commission at no additional cost to you.
Exploring Lake Havasu, Arizona: Your Ultimate Camping and RV Adventure
The time of year one visits any destination is basically up to each individuals likes and when they are able to travel. However, if there are certain things you want to do, or a type of weather you prefer over another check out our month by month delight.
January – March: Winter Escapes
The mild winter climate here is perfect for escaping those northern USA snowstorms. Set up camp at Lake Havasu State Park or Crazy Horse Campgrounds, and enjoy sunny days exploring the rugged terrain. The desert blooms with wildflowers during this season, creating a mesmerizing sight.
April – June: Springtime Bliss
As the temperatures rise, so do the opportunities for watersports and outdoor fun. Camp along the shores of Lake Havasu or in the Havasu Springs Resort RV Park. Don’t forget to explore the nearby SARA Park, perfect for hiking and mountain biking.
July – September: Sizzling Summers
Summer in Lake Havasu calls for some serious water play. Places like Windsor Beach State Park and Havasu RV Resort offer waterfront sites to beat the heat. Dive into the lake, go paddleboarding, or simply soak up the sun.
October – December: Fall Tranquility
As the desert cools down, fall is the perfect time for quiet camping. Check out the Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge for birdwatching and solitude. Campgrounds like Cattail Cove State Park provide a serene escape.
Why Visit Lake Havasu?
- Breathtaking Natural Beauty: Lake Havasu is a visual treat year-round. The combination of clear blue waters and rugged desert landscapes creates a unique and stunning backdrop.
- Watersports Extravaganza: Whether you’re into boating, fishing, jet-skiing, or paddleboarding, Lake Havasu offers endless aquatic adventures.
- London Bridge: Did you know Lake Havasu City is home to the famous London Bridge? It was relocated from London in 1968 and is a must-see attraction.
Camping and RVing Hotspots
- Lake Havasu State Park: With over 40 campsites, it’s a prime spot for RVers and campers. Amenities include showers, hiking trails, and a boat launch.
- Crazy Horse Campgrounds: Known for its friendly atmosphere, this RV park offers full hookups and beautiful lake views.
- Havasu Springs Resort RV Park: This upscale RV park provides a luxurious camping experience with stunning lakeside sites.
Check out all the fun places to RV in Lake Havasu Arizona.
If it’s a 55+ RV park you are looking for check out Havasu Falls RV Resort.Save 10% on over 2,000 Campgrounds Nationwide. Become a Good Sam Member Today!
Hipcamp is one of our favorites to use, especially on a last minute basis. With areas like Lake Havasu, Arizona, if you don’t book way in advance for camping/RV’ing, chances are you won’t find a spot. Check out Hipcamp in Lake Havasu Arizona for a unique experience. When I say “unique” that just means it’s not a typical campground or RV park. Usually you get the hosts yard all to yourself, like when you stay here at my Sunset Bay Getaway Minnesota Hipcamp location.
Eating Out Around Lake Havasu
- Shugrue’s Restaurant and Brewery: Enjoy delicious food and craft beers with a lake view.
- Barley Brothers Brewery: Perfect for beer enthusiasts, they offer a wide range of brews and tasty pub fare.
- Cha-Bones: If you’re craving steak or seafood, this upscale restaurant won’t disappoint.
Get your feast on at any of the fun places to eat in Lake Havasu Arizona.
Must-Do Activities Around Lake Havasu
- Boating Adventures: Rent a boat or take a tour to explore hidden coves and the famous Copper Canyon.
- Off-Roading: Discover the desert’s hidden gems by venturing into off-road trails with an ATV or UTV.
- Hiking: Explore the nearby Havasu National Wildlife Refuge or the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge for scenic hikes.
Check out all of the things to do in Lake Havasu Arizona.
Here’s a little insider tip: Lake Havasu’s shoreline is dotted with secluded coves accessible only by boat, making them perfect for a quiet picnic or a peaceful swim away from the crowds.
Final Thoughts on Exploring Lake Havasu Arizona
Lake Havasu, Arizona, is a year-round paradise for outdoor enthusiasts. From camping and RVing to watersports and scenic dining, there’s something for everyone. So, pack your bags, hit the road, and experience the magic of this desert oasis.
Don’t forget to hit some of the best USA National Parks while on your travels. If you are RVing or driving to Lake Havasu, Arizona, chances are you will go thru a few or be very close to some.
There are many hotels around Lake Havasu as well for those not traveling in an RV or camper. Check out this great map for hotels and rates.