Are you one who wakes up in the middle of the night just dripping wet? Sweaty, hot, can’t sleep. Aside from certain health issue or ones time of life, sweating shouldn’t be something one deals with at night. Staying cool and comfy can be a simple fix. New bed sheets might be all it takes for you to keep your cool.
There are many reasons why one might get overheated or sweat at night. Things like menopause, medication or hormone issues can be the main factors. However, there are bed sheets that can be a life savor or big help in the overheating at night department.
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links that generate a commission at no additional cost to you.
Best Bed Sheets for Hot Sleepers
While there isn’t a fix for issues that pertain to health conditions or medication, choosing certain sheets for your bed that are more breathable and made of quality materials can be a huge help.
If you are a sweaty sleeper, don’t go with cheap sheets that are made of materials like a nylon or satin. Those do not breath at all. And if you get over heated while in bed, using flannel should be a total no for you. Jersey cotton sheets can tend to make a person sweat as well.
Read on to find out the best of the best when it comes to quality breathable bed sheets.
Bamboo Sheets from SpineAlign
My top pick for the best bed sheets for hot sleepers is bamboo sheets. These sheets are cooling and hypoallergenic. Offering the heat-balancing benefits of bamboo lyocell and they are a deep pocket sheet.
- Superior quality with 300 thread count
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial properties for a healthy sleep environment
- Moisture-wicking and breathable to regulate body temperature for uninterrupted sleep
- Accommodates almost any mattress thickness
Shop SpineAlign and take 10% off your order with coupon code SpinalTrippy10
Tencel Sheets from SpineAlign
The second pick for sheets is a Tencel Sheet set made of sustainable Tencel Lyocell fibers that offer natural comfort and unique physical properties.
- Sleep cool and comfortably all night long with temperature control technology
- Enjoy optimal quality with a 300 thread count
- Deep pockets fit mattresses ranging from 11-15 inches for a perfect fit
- Rest easy knowing our sheets are OEKO-TEX® Certified
Coolmax Cooling Sheets by Degrees of Comfort
Available in 7 colors and 6 size options the Coolmax Cooling Sheets are a nice option for your bedding needs.
- COOLMAX SMART TECHNOLOGY: Original wicking performance fabric that moves moisture away from the skin. Specially engineered fibers allow for high-performance fabrics that are soft, breathable, and moisture-wicking.
- COOLING & DRY FAST: Enhanced with a proprietary superior blend of ultra-fine microfiber along with moisture absorbing CoolMax fabric, which spreads moisture out across the fabric to increase the evaporative drying rate to keep you cool and dry throughout the night.
- PERFECT FOR HOT SLEEPERS WITH SUPERIOR SOFTNESS: Ultra-fine microfiber mixed with Coolmax fabric enhancing your cooling experiences while maintaining cozy and softness. A great help for people with night sweats during warm weather.
Eucalyptus Lyocell Sheet Set by Sheets & Giggles
An all season sheet that is responsibly made. Naturally cooling, super soft, moisture wicking, temperature balancing and vegan. 11 Color options and 7 sizes.
- Made with a luxurious sateen weave, our deep pocket, 400-thread-count sheets are soft, cool, hypoallergenic, and static-free.
- Moisture-wicking, breathable, and cool-to-the-touch – ideal for hot sleepers.
- Our Eucalyptus trees are sourced from responsibly-managed forests. Our sheets are biodegradable, vegan, and USDA Biobased.
100% Cotton by DownCool
Some people just swear by 100% cotton sheets, myself included. Available in 4 sizes and 5 colors, these 100% Cotton sheets by DownCool are made to keep you cool.
- Made of 100% natural cotton, 400 thread count sateen weave, creating a super soft and smooth sleeping experience. Comfortable queen bedding sheets can effectively improve your sleep quality. The manufacturer and material are all Oeko-tex Standard 100 certified, ensuring a restful sleep.
- Comfort & Breathable for All-Seasons because they are made of pure cotton. The cooling bed sheets are moisture-wicking and breathable. Stay cool on hot nights without sweating, and warm enough on chilly nights, which is suitable for all-season. Skin-friendly cotton fabric is ideal for all sleepers, including those with sensitive skin.
- Perfect Fit, Easy Fit Designed with a 16-inch deep pocket and elastic all around, this fitted sheet sets can fit tightly on mattresses up to 16 inches. Perfectly achieve a neat look and stay in place all night.
Other Cool Bedding for Hot Sleepers
Aside from buying new sheets for your bed there are other cool bedding options for hot sleepers.
Cooling sheets can be accompanied by an Arctic Cooling Mattress Protector. One that won’t trap heat and sleeps cool. Put that under a set of the best bed sheets for hot sleepers and you will sleep like a cool baby.
Take it one step further and upgrade your mattress to a cool mattress. Something like the Luxury Foam Hybrid Mattress from SpineAlign. If your bed, mattress pad and sheets are all made of cooling materials you should stay comfy, cool and dry all night.
Final Thoughts on the Best Bed Sheets for Hot Sleepers
There are many types of sheets one can purchase these days. This post is here to not overwhelm you. So, I’ve outlined a few of my top picks so you check them out and decide what you’d like to go with. Pricing can vary and while I am all about saving money or getting the best deal, I’ve found with sheets you do get what you pay for. Sheets should last a long time with proper care, and sometimes cheap means pilling and tearing as well as fading in color or just being super thin.
Sleep quality is very important. There are many ways to get a handle on your sleep quality. Things like new sheets, better pillows and mattresses, or even sleep chairs.
Are you a hot sleeper? What tips do you have to keep cool at night? Drop a comment and let me know.